One way to add financial security in your household is to have pet insurance. It’s a way to guard against having to pay the full cost of unexpected vet bills if your pet is injured or gets sick. Vet bills can mount quickly, and the majority of dog owners say that even relatively small vet bills would be unaffordable, according to a December 2022 Forbes Advisor survey.
While pet insurance plans have a common foundation of basic coverage, such as injuries and hereditary and congenital conditions, there are differences in benefits, prices and extras. We evaluated 12 plans to find the best pet insurance plans.
The Best Pet Insurance Plans
- Embrace – Best For Superior Benefits
- ManyPets – Best Cost For Unlimited Annual Coverage
- Spot – Best For Annual Coverage Choices
- Pumpkin – Great For Senior Cats And Dogs
- Figo – Great For Short Waiting Period For Accident Coverage
- Pets Best – Great For Choices Of Deductible
- Trupanion – Best For Lowest Out-Of-Pocket Claims Costs