After almost 25 years of continued growth and operational success in pioneering the work of protecting those who are experiencing poverty from violence, IJM has become a $100+ million organization. International Justice Mission, Ghana is seeking for a talented Lawyer who will assist in representing victims of child trafficking in investigations and seeking criminal accountability for perpetrators of labor trafficking crimes within the project area. This position will be based in Kumasi, Ghana and will report to the Associate Director, Advocacy and Partnerships.
• Support Ghana Police and Prosecutors in the investigation and prosecution of child/forced labor trafficking perpetrators.
• Conduct research, brief writing and oral advocacy on behalf of IJM clients.
• Track case related data on paper and electronic case tracking management systems.
• Attend and/or participate in all legal proceedings relevant to assigned cases.
• Maintain accurate and updated documentation of legal proceedings in assigned cases.
• Perform legal research and draft pleadings as necessary in assigned cases.
• Ensure legal custody of rescued children for partner shelters and compliance with child protection laws and policies.
• Identify, develop and implement capacity building programs to strengthen the Public Justice System.
• Monitor legal policy information and developments which are or may be applicable to IJM.
• Advise management on internal legal documents, proceedings and organizational risk.
• Carry out additional assignments as directed by the Associate Director, Advocacy and Partnerships, Director Justice Sector, Country Director, or his/her designee.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Professional Certificate in Law and a member of the Ghana Bar Association in good standing.
• A degree in Law.
• Five (5) years of experience as a practicing attorney.
• Strong critical thinking, legal analysis and oral and written advocacy skills.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft applications.
• Experience in criminal litigation preferred.
• Strong cross-cultural abilities to work in an international environment.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Driver’s License preferred.
• Strong legal research and writing skills
• This position requires travel to various regions across Ghana.
• Willingness to work under potentially hazardous conditions.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Disciplined with priorities.
• Patient and able to work well under stress.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, personable, with a heart for service and sustained positive attitude.
• Punctual; manages time and resources effectively.
• Diplomatic, flexible, and mature in judgment.
• Effective team player and leader.
• Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed.
• Evident passion to help people suffering injustice and oppression.
Location: Accra & Kumasi
How To Apply For The Job
Send Cover Letter, Resume, & *Statement of Faith* by E-mail to:
*What is a statement of faith?
A statement of faith should describe your Christian faith and how you see it as relevant to your involvement with IJM. The statement can either be incorporated into the cover letter or submitted as a separate document and should include, at a minimum, a description of your spiritual disciplines (prayer, study, etc.) and your current fellowship or place of worship.
Closing Date: 15 June, 2022