Hours: Regular Full-time; Not Eligible for Overtime
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: MEL/KM Director
Position Level: Grade C
Travel: Regular visits to work locations within Ghana will be expected
University Research Co., LLC (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.
Division: The Global, Latin America and the Caribbean, and West Africa Region has projects spanning various health areas including HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH, and malaria in the cross-cutting areas of health systems strengthening, community mobilization, quality improvement, and social and behavior change communications amongst others.
Activity: URC implements the USAID Quality Services for Health (Q4H) Activity in Ghana. The Activity’s purpose is to strengthen the institutional capacity of the Government of Ghana (GoG) to promote and oversee improved quality health services in the public and private health sectors. This four-year activity supports the GoG and stakeholders, including both recipients (or civil society) and providers of services, to sustainably improve the quality of health service delivery to improve health outcomes in Ghana.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supervised by the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning/Knowledge Management (MEL/KM) Director, the MEL/KM Manager will support the design, activities monitoring, adaptive management and learnings, and impact evaluation of the Activity. S/he will also support a mechanism for regularly and systematically collecting, analyzing, documenting, and sharing data on the Activity’s processes, effects, and impact, for the interest of staff, partners, USAID, and stakeholders at the national, regional, and district levels.
The MEL/KM Manager’s roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
• Support the MEL/KM Director in the implementation of a strong MEL/KM system in support of an all Activity-related monitoring, evaluation, learning, and adapting activities based on the Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) framework.
• Implement an effective and efficient system to monitor progress, impact, and success of project activities.
• Regularly review and update the MEL/KM plan.
• Support the Activity’s MEL/KM systems, including selecting and monitoring of relevant performance indicators, establishing or identifying baseline data, and setting annual performance targets.
• Support traditional and innovative methods and systems to cost-effectively compile, monitor, analyze, and report the Activity’s data at all levels and across levels to monitor the progress and measures impact of activities and providing insight for adaptative management, including at the community level.
• Work closely with the technical team to prepare, document, and disseminate periodic reports of program results and disseminates results including by project reports, publications, summaries, and special reports.
• Ensure compliance with USAID reporting requirements.
• Conduct analysis of program data and identify methods for using results for continuous program improvement.
• Ensure that necessary staff, partners, and stakeholders are included in sharing of information and knowledge and that the flow of information is multi-directional.
• Support the dissemination and sharing of Activity accomplishments and lessons learned through various venues, including through regular performance review meetings at the national, regional, and subregional levels.
• Support improved data collection, analysis and use of relevant indicators by the Ghana Health Service and relevant local partners for timely and effective decision making and planning.
• Support training initiatives as needed in relevant health information systems, data collection, analysis, and use.
• Support design and oversee data collection at all levels and ensure quality and completeness of reported data.
Qualification Required & Experience
Required Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, or related field required.
• At least 8 years of experience in design, monitoring, evaluation, and knowledge management for global public health projects.
• Experience in MEL/KM efforts for USAID project/s required
• Demonstrated experience using different research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, conducting data analysis, and establishing MEL systems in developing countries.
• Demonstrated experience in MEL/KM capacity building in developing countries required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relevant computer software skills with proficiency in Excel and relevant systems such as SPSS or STATA.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication, and presentations skills.
• Familiarity with USAID administrative, management and reporting procedures, systems, and requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and to work as a team member, including with team members working in remote locations.
• English language fluency is required.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s in Public Health, Social Sciences, Epidemiology, or related field is an advantage.
• Working knowledge of and/or experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures are desirable.
• Experience in the sub-Saharan African context is a plus.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 14 September, 2022