• Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) – is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment,and peace and security.
• Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
• GIZ Ghana Country Office is looking for a Front Desk Receptionist to join our team.
• This role includes welcoming visitors, answering, and directing phone calls, keeping detailed and accurate records of incoming requests, distributing incoming and outgoing mails.
• The ideal candidate will deliver a professional and qualified first impression to all clients.
• This person has excellent communication and customer service skills.
• He/she has a well-established understanding of administrative procedures and the ability to multitask.
Scope of the Role
• Answer and direct phone calls in a polite and friendly manner.
• Welcome visitors in a warm and friendly manner and answer any questions visitors have.
• Serve visitors by directing them appropriately.
• Notify company personnel of visitor’s arrival.
• Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times.
• Operate standard office equipment on a regular basis.
• Keep detailed and accurate records of visitor requests and of calls received.
• Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mails.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Certificate/diploma in administration or similar qualification Professional experience
• 1-3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g., MS Office)
• Strong phone skills
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and speak English
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable internal applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com quoting the Job Code 2022/CO/12/10 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us One week after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 19 October, 2022
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity,
race, and religion are encouraged to apply.