• The role is responsible for the technical leadership of companywide ethical standards, policies, regulations, culture and governance. The role involves collaboration with senior leadership to define the companywide ethics strategy.
• Develop corporate ethics statements, policies and supporting forms/acknowledgements.
• Provide technical reviews of corporate policies to ensure corporate consistency and integration with the company’s ethics philosophies.
• Provide technical input for the development and implementation of corporate ethics and conflict-of-interest training.
• Provide technical expertise towards investigations pursuant to complaints and allegations of ethical wrongdoing or conflicts of interest.
• Develops and maintains confidential procedures for the handling and processing of complaints and allegations. Provides processes for the confidential hearing of employee issues related to the ethics or conflicts.
• Maintains an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of corporate governance requirements, compliance and reporting responsibilities, and related legal benchmarks from related laws.
• Provide technical role input to Senior Leadership and the Social and Ethics Management committee of the Board.
• Ensure effective implementation of the Group-wide ethics strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support.
• Set and maintain ethical measurement metrics to track Ethics progress made across MTN Ghana in line with best practice.
• Drive automation of ethical practices and reporting mechanisms; analysing and interpreting ethics trends for decision making.
• Driving efforts to continually raise personnel awareness and capability in relation to ethical standards and expected behaviours.
• Hold an observer status at companywide decision making for Ethical practices and inclusivity including the disciplinary committee.
• Drive and maintain good level of Ethics and Fraud Awareness across the business and with identified partners.
• Implement and monitor the established Ethics Risk Management (ERM) programme and methodology for their area, within the established Enterprise Risk Management standards, frameworks, and solutions, in accordance with both internal and industry benchmarks
• Promote an ‘MTN centric’ and ‘partnership approach’ to develop strong relationships with other working groups and ensure adherence to Group governance
Ensure implementation of the Group Risk Escalation and Acceptance Policy; furthermore:
o Manage and resolve escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery.
o Escalate issues in line with the Group Risk Escalation and Acceptance Policy
o Manage and provide solutions to issues that require formal resolution
• Provide input on risk standards and practices derived from analytics on internal data and make recommendations, as appropriate
• Perform Business Impact Trend Analyses on both internal and external risks that have an ethical impact / implication that need to be addressed to sustain business operations and for decision making.
• Evolution to a technology company and business models
• Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
• Public Listed Organization
• Environmental, social and governance prioritized
• Partnerships at the core of business practices
• Operate under King IV governance principles
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Law or related field with Compliance training/exposure.
• Professional qualification in Ethics Management and/or Risk Management is a plus
• Minimum 5 years’ Senior Management experience in a similar sized/complexity organization or 7 years in a managerial or medium complexity organization.
• Experience in a senior role that required the ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Experience managing teams and technical experts.
• Ethics Management
• Fraud Risk Management
• Corporate Governance
• Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Stakeholder Management
• Change Management
• Corporate governance
• Risk & Compliance Management
Skills / physical competencies:
• Demonstrated ability to build partnering relationships across the company at all levels.
• Persuasive, good listener and assimilator of ideas and perspectives.
• Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number MTN-R&C-ADTRACK002 as the email subject. Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and save their CVs in their names
Closing Date: 06 June, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.