AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Project Engineer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• To provide direct Mining Technical support services to the AGA operating assets and development projects to achieve business objectives/targets and to develop drill and blast guidelines and procedures to optimise ore extraction.
• Establish the necessary Project Engineering processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
• Provide unequivocal Project Engineering planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
• Develop the annual Project Engineering cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
• Deliver the work of the Project Engineering function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
• Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Production Engineering department regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
• Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
• Present solutions to specific problems with defined resolution methodologies and resources to deliver improved performance in processes and procedures
• Pre-empt potential process or procedural problems arising within or from the specialist domain through the implementation of:
a) Statistical controls (alert system),
b) Improved work practices, procedures and processes
c) Improved team knowledge and skills Reports on work programmes progression demonstrating appropriate controls to manage identified risks.
• Optimise procedures within existing functional processes through the application of problem identification and resolution methodologies
• Conduct trend analyses on functional performance to identify and recommend ways of optimising resources for work cycle execution and pre-empting potential process and procedure variance through the establishment of
a) Statistical controls (alert system),
a) Improved work practices, procedures and processes
c) Improved team knowledge and skills
• Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Mining / Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Five (5) to eight (8) years’ proven experience in mine planning/project in either an underground or open pit mining environment of which at least three (3) years is at senior supervisory level within a planning/technical department;
• Proficient with Mine Planning Software;
• Knowledge of a variety of mining methods applicable to the site
• Excellent Communication Skills
Safety (Basic Application)
• Understands key elements constituting site safety system.
• Can lead team-based risk assessments and conduct behavioural based observations.
• Active participant in ensuring critical controls is in place and working
• Can actively take part in reviewing of safety system elements such as practices / procedures.
Mining Production Processes & Practices (Advanced Application)
• Extensive experience and understanding of mining production process/practices.
• Understanding of good production practices, management, support systems, and how each should interact to deliver targeted performance.
• Ability to develop innovative technical ideas/practices with regards to different mining methods and their application.
• Extensive knowledge of Mining Methods and strengths and weaknesses of the methods and the applicable use.
Planning (Advanced Application)
• Demonstrate advance level of knowledge of planning systems and practices from long term to short term mine planning.
• Understands advanced principles of mine design including optimisation.
• Understands advanced principles of mine design and scheduling to achieve Business outcomes.
• Ability to generate and act as competent person for annual mine reserves statements.
Contract Management (Basic Application)
• Understands the contract, the key deliverables, and the processes that are aligned to managing it successfully.
• Capable of having a direct role in managing an element of the contract management process.
• Can propose, draft, and analyse potential contract variations and amendments for approval by the contract manager
• Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
• Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
• Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
• Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Maximising performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analysing issues, driving for results
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 18 August, 2022