The newest Sim Re-Registration, which has a deadline of March 2022, has resulted in long lines at MTN locations around the country.
Because MTN is Ghana’s largest telecommunications company, they appear to have been under a lot of pressure to register all of their customers. The system is said to be slow, making it impossible to register more people on a daily basis.
Fortunately, there is a new online way to complete your KYC (Know Your Customer) data for MTN Ghana.
In this post, we’ll show you how to change your MTN Ghana account information without needing to visit the company’s office, avoiding the long lines that have plagued the process in the past.
What you’ll need to do is re-register your MTN Ghana SIM card online to be successful
To finish the SIM registration/update your information, you’ll need the following information on your phone/PC:
- ID Card with Date of Birth (Ghana Card)
- Residential address (GPS code for Ghana Post) – Here’s how you can acquire it.
- Ghana Card (soft copy) (Take a photo with your phone)
You carrying the Ghana CARD in a soft copy (Clearly showing your face and the ID Card)
Once you have these, you can move on to the next step.
Use USSD to link your SIM card to your Ghana Card.
This is the first part of a two-part series. If you wish to re-register your SIM card in Ghana to update your information and keep your number safe, follow the instructions below.
On the SIM card you want to change, dial *404#.
- Enter the PIN for your Ghana Card (Enter letters and figures without the hyphens)
- Confirm the PIN on your Ghana card.
- Enter your surname, first name, and any other names you want to use.
- Fill in your date of birth in the following format: DDMMYY
- Choose your sex.
- Confirm specifics.
- After you’ve received confirmation, fill out the form with the requested information.
Phase 1 successfully completed
Online MTN Sim Card Registration
When you’ve finished with the first portion, go ahead and change your information on the MTN Portal online by following the instructions below:
- On your phone or computer, go to https://simregistrationupdate.mtn.com.gh/.
- Fill in your phone number.
- Wait for the OTP, type it in, and press Enter.
- Fill in the needed information on the page.
- Upload a soft copy of your Ghana ID card.
- Take a photo of yourself holding the Ghana Card and upload it.
- Check the box next to “I consent to data collection.”
- Make a click on submit
It is envisaged that the NCA, in collaboration with the telecommunication companies, will devise a more expedient method of completing the entire sim re-registration procedure, particularly for corporate entities and businesses that employ hundreds of SIM cards.
Please share this piece of information to all